Thursday 7 March 2013

Homo heildelbergensis - forensic facial reconstruction with Sculpt Mode on Blender


In the last article I showed a forensic facial reconstruction rendered in Cycles.

I think that is an excellent renderer and already is my mainly tool for this task.


After change of renderer I experienced the new way to modeling: using the Sculpt Mode on Blender.

This is an interesting alternative to make more realistic surface, with all irregularities of an organic shape. And the most important: It's fun!


When you sculpts in blender, you have to make it in steps, starting in one subdivision of mesh until the number you need.

I'm not an expert in sculpting, but if you wanna more information about this technic, and even try to do it, see this videotutorial: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2012/06/13/creating-realistic-head-blender/

I hope you enjoyed.

A big hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogItalia - La directory italiana dei blog Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.